What personal information about customers does macserve.org.uk gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at macserve.org.uk. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future purchases for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies”, and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses macserve.org.uk or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of macserve.org.uk on other Web sites.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Does macserve.org.uk share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Third-party service providers: in some instances we use other companies to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of macserve.org.uk and others: we release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of macserve.org.uk, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We do not reveal the entirety of your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card processing company during order processing.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit macserve.org.uk, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of Wales and the United Kingdom. If you have any concern about privacy at macserve.org.uk, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.